Peaceful cottage in Frigiliana with mature gardens.
At this cottage you can just stroll out your bedroom into the lovely garden with lawn and fruit trees, guest are welcome to pick their own oranges, mandarins, medlars, figs or mangos. The villa offers an excellent option for those looking for a peaceful countryside retreat away from the hoarding crowds. A green-tiled private pool and barbecue area awaits for your alfresco dinners.
Location and outside area
This is one of these cottages where you have to pay a small price for relax and quiet: the access isn’t all that easy, with a few steep parts, some sharp curves and the last 60 meters being an unsurfaced country track (in good condition). Experience learns that guests get used to it quickly and, once you arrive at the cottage, the welcoming lush gardens and smell of all kinds of flours will instantly compensate the inconvenience. The pretty veranda and the adjacent pool (8m x 4.5m) are the places where you will usually spend the day time. At first sight, it may seem as if the cottage has only one floor because the lower ground floor is only visible from the back of the cottage. A staircase from the pool area leads down to an even larger garden area with several fruit trees, shrubs and flowers where you will find a covered barbecue and patio furniture. It’s the ideal place to enjoy your alfresco dinners with views over the countryside and the Sierra de Tejada mountain range. Frigiliana (3,3km) is the nearest village and offers many family-run shops and restaurants, whilst the beaches and many amenities of Nerja are approx. 10 km away. The area offers a wide range of walks in nature and also offers many possibilities for horse riding, cycling and water sports.
Inside and lay-out
The veranda on the front of the house gives direct access to the open plan living / dining room, decorated in a bright, colourful style with terracotta tiles on the floor. The living corner consists of 2 sofas, a built-in wood burning stove and satellite TV. The dining corner is conveniently placed next to the open plan kitchen that is decorated in a simple and traditional Andalucian style. The kitchen is equipped with a 4 rings vitro hob, fridge/freezer, electric oven and microwave. There is also a toilet with WC and wash basin on this floor.
A staircase leads down to the lower ground floor, provided with 2 spacious bedrooms (1 twin and 1 double) that have direct access to the lovely rear garden. A full bathroom for shared use between the 2 bedrooms is provided with bath/shower over, WC and single wash basin.
The washing machine is conveniently placed under the stair case.
The villa is provided with a WIFI internet connection and air conditioning in the living room. The bedrooms don’t catch direct sunlight and therefore don’t heat up, yet fans are available.
Interior of the villa
- 2 level villa
- air conditioned living/dining room with television and DVD player
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- satellite antenna
- washing machine in the kitchen
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed
- bedroom with 2 single beds
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 8m x 4m and 1,8m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside sitting area
- private parking space
- nearest town: Frigiliana (within 4 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Mar Mediterráneo (within 11 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest beach: Playa de Burriana (within 11 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest park: Parque Verano azul y Barco Chanquete (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest airport: Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport: Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén ( > 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport: bus within 4 kilometers of the villa
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen
- air heating and air-conditioned
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Frigiliana, Costa del Sol
- bar (within 5 kilometers of the house)
Sights and culture in Frigiliana, Costa del Sol
- church (Parroquia de S. Antonio de Padua) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- museum (Museo de Nerja) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- ruin (Yacimiento Arqueológico Romano en Torrox), monument (Monumento a los descubridores en Nerja), architectural building (Fábrica de azúcar de Maro) and historic place (Cueva de Nerja) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- climbing, canoeing, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 25 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.