Savour nature and quiet the mind!
Thanks to its location in the Sierra Crestellina Natural park, this cottage is a wonderful sanctuary from everyday stress. The landscape is stunning and living here in your own little paradise so close to nature is a real and hard to find- treat. Yet, if you wish to spend a day at the beach or play at one of the many golf courses in the area, you’re only a short drive away from all the amenities the coast has to offer.
Location and outside area
In 1989, the Sierra Crestellina (“Crested Range”) was officially granted the Protected Natural Site status- it’s Paraje Natural. This traditional, 100 year-old-stone cottage is located in the middle of all this beauty and used to be the home of a farming family. It’s located just north of Casares (3 km) - a very Andalucian picturesque village and a true labyrinth of whitewashed houses, small streets, alleys and little squares. Casares has many shops, good restaurants and tapas-bars. Travelling north from Casares you may drive to the ancient town of Ronda with its impressive gorge or for a longer trip the beautiful, legendary city of Seville. There are many other sightseeing options just a day trip away too.
For those who like to walk, there are many possibilities with varying difficulties. There are several paths you can follow, but don’t miss the path to the top of the Sierra Crestellina- the views are spectacular and span continents. Pick a clear day and once there, you will have impressive 360º views over the surrounding villages of Casares and Gaucin and over the Mediterranean Sea, to Gibraltar and Morocco. The area is a bird lovers paradise too and many varieties of birds can be spotted. Vultures and eagles can be observed from the los Buitres (“the Vultures”) viewpoint. You may also get a glimpse of a deer, an ibex or a wild boar.
The cottage is reached by a part concrete/part dirt road (in good condition) and set in a glorious 12-acre farm estate with lush forests of cork oak, scented pines and chestnuts, wild flower meadows and delightful gardens. The private swimming pool (10m x 5m; 1,5m deep) comes with teak sun loungers and is surrounded by lovely gardens and tall cypress trees. It harmonizes beautifully in the landscape and looks like a natural spring where you may laze on sunny afternoons enjoying pristine blue skies with eagles gliding overhead.
At the entrance of the cottage there’s a stone paved terrace, the ideal spot for al fresco dining enjoying the lush gardens. It's equipped with a barbecue, table, chairs and a sun umbrella for shade.
The friendly and helpful property owner, Kate, also lives on the estate herself now and then. The cottage is privately-sited, and you won’t see Kate except to welcome you, and help if required.
Inside and lay-out
Inside, the cottage is a romantic retreat that has been tastefully furnished by Kate, the owner, providing a good level of comfort and a rustic ambience with chestnut-beamed ceilings and rose terracotta floors. The cottage boasts a king-size double bed and handsome furnishings in the open plan living/sleeping suite with comfortable arm chairs, TV, DVD and a music centre. An antique arched door to the left leads to a colourful bathroom with hand painted Andalucian tiles. To the right is a compact kitchen with 4 rings gas hob, oven, fridge with freezer compartment, toaster and kettle. Laundry facilities and iron + board are available.
A welcome hamper and free WiFi is provided.
Interior of the house
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- dining room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom
- utility room with washing machine
- kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the house
- large plot
- oval private pool measuring 10m x 5m and 1,5m deep
- garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces
- outside sitting area
- private parking space
- nearest town Casares (within 3 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore Mediterraneo (within 16 kilometers of the house)
- nearest beach Casares playa (within 16 kilometers of the house)
- nearest port Puerto La Duquesa (within 20 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park Casares (within 3 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport Málaga (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport Gibraltar (within 50 kilometers of the house)
- public transport bus within 3 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- please consult if pets are allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the house
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Casares, Málaga
- discotheque, nightclub, bar and promenade (Casares) (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- wild life park (Selwo - Estepona) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Casares, Málaga
- museum (Casa Museo Blas Infante - Casares), church (Iglesia de la Encarnación) and castle (Casares) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- ruin (Puente-acueducto de Los Baños) and historic place (Baños de la Hedionda) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking and mountainbiking (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis and cycling (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- horse riding and climbing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- canoeing, kayaking, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.