A true chance to escape the stress of everyday life.
Fully surrounded by nature, this cottage is very traditional and located in the heart of the Sierra de Aracena y Picos de Aroche Natural Park, one of the biggest forest areas of southern Spain, with a predominant presence of oaks, chestnut, and cork trees.
Location and outside area
Although you will feel you have run away from the city life, the town of Galaroza (1 km) is only a 5 minute drive away. The last 500 m leading to the cottage is a country track. The property is set on 15 hectares of ecological wonderland of woods, water, and sunshine. The kind owners, José and Concha, live on the same "finca", however the distance between the houses ensures your privacy. In the summertime you can refresh yourself in the small private pool (4x2.5 m). The shaded veranda in the front of the house is the ideal spot to enjoy your alfresco meals or maybe a siesta! The area offers many possibilities: walking tours, hiking, or horse-riding are just a few ways to enjoy the surrounding nature. You can also easily visit Portugal or discover the caves of Aracena. In Seville, a bit more than an hour drive, you will find a rich Moorish heritage and beautiful historic buildings. Don't forget to sample the local gastronomy! The Sierra de Aracena is famous for its "jamón de bellota", one of the world's most savoured cured hams. In season, you can find a wide variety of mushrooms.
Inside and lay-out
The cottage has been restored according to the local traditions that combine natural stones and beamed ceilings of chestnut wood. You will feel at home here, with the decoration in a rustic style, typical of the area. On the ground floor, youll find a living/dining room painted in soft pastel hues with an open fireplace and terracotta floor tiles. Rocking chairs accentuate the rustic ambience. The open kitchen is equipped with a 3 ringed gas hob, oven, refrigerator/freezer and washing machine. The two bedrooms (one double, one twin) are set on the first floor. The twin bedroom is a half open plan, ideal for a family with small children but less apt for 2 couples due to the lack of privacy. The bathroom, in a traditional style with typical Andalusian tiles and colours, has an over bath shower and a washbasin.
Interior of the house
- 2 level country house
- living room with television
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom
- washing machine in the kitchen
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed
- bedroom with 2 single beds
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination and toilet
Exterior of the house
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 4m x 2,5m and 1m deep
- garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside sitting area
- private parking space
- nearest town Galaroza (within 1000 meters of the house)
- nearest park Parque natural de Sierra de Aracena (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport Sevilla (SVQ) ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport Faro en Portugal ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport bus within 1000 meters of the house
- smoking not allowed
- please consult if pets are allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the house
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Galaroza, Huelva
- bar and promenade (El Repilado) (within 5 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Galaroza, Huelva
- church (Iglesia de San Juan Buatista - El Repilado) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- ruin (Ciudad Romana de Turóbriga and Aroche) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- climbing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- canoeing and kayaking (within 50 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 100,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.