A hidden gem.
Have you ever heard of the village of Pinos del Valle? Part of its name refers to a majestic valley called Valle de Lecrin. Just 35 minutes drive from Granada. In springtime, you will enjoy landscapes of orange and lemon groves with the beautiful snow capped mountains of the Sierra Nevada on the background. It is the village where we found this special house - I would almost call it a palace. From its courtyard-entrance it unfolds like an enticing puzzle.
Location and outside area
The unassuming facade of the house reminds us of the rich Arab history of Spain, when wealth was hidden behind the facades of village houses. The villa has a central position in the village, just opposite of the church. Once you enter through the heavy doors, an impressive arcaded courtyard appears where tall columns and the Arabic fountain catch the eye. From here, you can access the labyrinth of rooms and also another enclosed courtyard, where you find a ionised pool (7m x 4m; 1,70 deep). There is a spacious terrace for lounging and dining alfresco - a barbecue and large teak table with chairs are provided to make you comfortable. The top floor is a covered veranda - a welcoming, shady oasis in summer with marvellous views in all directions. The village of Pinos del Valle has a good local supermarket, a tradional bakery and a few family-run bars/restaurants. Granada and its famous Alhambra Palace (41 km) are a short drive from here and the beaches of the Costa Tropical (35 km) are even closer. The villa has access by car to the door and parking opposite.
Inside and lay-out
The house is set on 3 different levels and provides 4 double and 2 twin bedrooms, maximum 10 person allowed. Fine architectural details and design are well combined with a sophisticated décor and furnishings.
On the ground floor you will find a large living room furnished with one 3-seater sofa, two armchairs, a coffee table and a dining table. The large, American-style kitchen has granite work surfaces and is equipped with a fridge/freezer, 4-ring gas hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, a breakfast nook for 4 and a walk-in larder. There is a separate laundry room including a tumble dryer. The living room and kitchen have French doors that open onto the courtyard with terrace and pool. On the ground floor you will also find a library with a second dining table for 6 and a telephone/fax. There is one double bedroom (1.35m x 1.90m) with an ensuite shower room and access to the courtyard. There is also a WC on this floor.
On the first floor is a smaller living room with beamed ceilings and 3 sofas, 4 armchairs, an open fireplace, satellite TV with DVD and music equipment. There are 5 large bedrooms on this floor: 3 doubles with en suite bathrooms (2 with bath and 1 with shower) and 2 twins that are interconnected and share a shower room. All bedrooms are accessed from the courtyard-gallery, except for the master - accessed via a staircase at the back of the house.
On the The second floor you will find the before mentioned covered veranda with sitting area.
- A WiFi Internet connection is available (free of charge).
- Heating is included in the price from October 1st to April 30; if it is needed outside of this period, a supplement of €160 per week is charged.
- A security deposit of 500 EUR is required, to be refunded within 1 week after departure.
Interior of the villa
- large 3 level villa
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- living/dining room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- covered balcony
- 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms
- satellite antenna
- laundry room with washing machine
- open kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms, each with double bed
- bedroom with 2 single beds
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath, bidet and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower, bidet and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bidet and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 7m x 4m and 1,7m deep
- garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside sitting area
- 2 private covered parking spaces
- nearest town Pinos del Valle (within 50 meters of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore Mediterráneo (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest beach Salobreña (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest park Parque de las Eras (within 500 meters of the villa)
- nearest airport Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) ( > 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport bus within 500 meters and train within 50 kilometers of the villa
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- central heating
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Pinos del Valle, Granada
- bar and promenade (Peñuelas) (within 1000 meters of the house)
- nightclub (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- climbing, canoeing, kayaking, diving, snorkeling, surfing and windsurfing (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.