An impressive landscape...
Located in the foothills of the spectacular Sierra de Tejada y Almijara, this charming villa is set in a landscape that is dominated by oaks and cork trees. The well-known village of Alhama de Granada is a 10 minute drive from here and you will find local restaurant at 2,5 kms. There is a large garden to include a private pool and tennis court.
Location and outside area
The bicentennial oak in the centre of the 5000m2 garden is the eye catcher when you arrive for the first time at Casa Carmen. But there is more: from the garden and pool area there are spectacular views out to the mountains of the Sierra Tejada, a national Park area with typical Mediterranean flora and fauna where you may see deer, wild boar and other wildlife! The garden itself has a great variety of trees flowers and plants and guests are welcome to try the almonds and cherries in season. The private pool (3,75m x 6,75m ; 1,16m - 1,85m deep) is just a few steps away from the house and comes with sun beds and umbrella. A private, concrete tennis court is available for those who wish to stay in shape during the holidays, please bring your own rackets and balls. Next to the house is a terrace area with patio furniture and a barbecue for dining al fresco. Access to the house is via a flat, unmade track in good conditions, just of the road between Ventas de Zafarraya (11 km) and Alhama de Granada (12 km), the last one being one of the most adorable villages of the Granada province. The town is small, just 6,000 inhabitants, full of charm and character, and beautifully situated on the edge of a gorge. The name is derived from the thermal baths still located here, which are called Al-Hammam in Arabic. At a convenient distance from the town centre nestling in a poplar grove lining down the banks of the river (also known as Merchan) you will find hot springs. The villa can easily be reached from Malaga airport (75 km) or Granada airport (85 kms) - both cities are also well worth a trip as of the historic venues, such as the Alhambra palace in Granada.
Inside and lay-out
The villa evokes a homely feel, with simple yet comfortable furnishing. The living/dining room is on split-level and comes with an open fireplace, sofas, tv, dvd and music-equipment. A variety of CD's, DVD's and books are available to make you feel even more at home. The kitchen is small but smartly furnished with a 4 rings vitro hob, oven, microwave and fridge/freezer. The washing machine is placed in a utility room. There is a double bedroom, bathroom and a separate WC. The second bedroom is semi-independent and has its' own ensuite shower room with wc and wash basin. The villa has central heating.
Interior of this holiday home
- living/dining room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- utility room with washing machine
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, mixer, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with 2 single beds and bathroom en-suite
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- bathroom with toilet
Exterior of this holiday home
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 7m x 4m and 1,85m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- nearest town within 12 kilometers of the home
- nearest riverbank or shore: Mediterráneo (within 50 kilometers of the home)
- nearest beach: Torre del Mar (within 50 kilometers of the home)
- nearest park: Alhama de Granada (within 12 kilometers of the home)
- nearest airport: Malaga airport (within 100 kilometers of the home)
- second nearest airport: Granada airport (within 100 kilometers of the home)
- public transport: bus within 12 kilometers of the home
- please consult if pets are allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
Facilities and services at extra charge
- central heating
- children bed/cot (on demand)
Sights and culture in Alhama de Granada, Granada
- museum (Fabrica De Harinas La Purísima), church (Alhama de Granada), ruin (Baños árabes), architectural building (Palacio de Carlos V) and historic place (Alhama de Granada) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- tennis, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the home)
- climbing (within 10 kilometers of the home)
- canoeing, kayaking, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 50 kilometers of the home)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.