A home away from home - a haven of peace and relaxation.
This is a charming and independent villa that is clearly very loved by its owners. Once you are here, you will agree that this is not “just another holiday villa”. Both inside and outside areas are well taken care of and meant for long term living, leading to a very comfortable result which includes also air conditioning.
Location and outside area
This delightful villa is truly the place for total rest and relaxation. The villa is set within a private residential area of the Valtocado Urbanization, at 4.6 Kms. west of Mijas Pueblo. Tucked away in the hills, it’s intimate and cosy, with a beautiful mature garden with a great variety of vegetation, including a “Madroño”, an evergreen shrub native to the Mediterranean region. A lawn area surrounds the splendid pool (9 x 4m long and 1.70m – 0.9m deep) and comes complete with sun loungers. There is also a small soccer goal to entertain the kids. The villa itself is located on a slightly higher level where you will also find a covered barbecue area with work top, water and power supply. Provided with a charcoal barbecue and patio furniture, it’s the ideal place for your alfresco diners. To the front of the villa is another sitting corner, a lovely place to end the day with a good book or perhaps a good Spanish wine.
For those who like to spend a day on the coast, it’s an easy 15 minutes’ drive to Cala de Mijas where you will find a long sandy beach. Just an hour from here, you can explore historic Ronda, with its 120m deep chasm, medieval town centre, shops, pretty squares and palaces - well worth a visit. Or the city of Malaga that nowadays hosts prominent museums and the Pompidou centre.
Inside and lay-out
The dedication of the owners for the outside areas of this villa is also reflected in its interior. With all the rooms in a single floor, this it is a very comfortable villa with a lot of charm. The furniture and the decoration are of excellent quality and have been chosen with eye for detail, evoking a homely feel. From front terrace, the front door opens into the lounge, equipped with a sofa and arm chair, flat screen TV with satellite reception, DVD and Radio/CD player (please note that a new 32” flat screen TV has been installed recently, a little smaller than the one in the pictures). The lounge gives access to a cosy dining area, with dining table for 6, and the adjacent open-plan kitchen. The kitchen is decorated with use of wood and Andalusian tiling and well equipped with 4 rings gas hob, fridge/freezer, electric oven, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. There are two twin bedrooms with wardrobe and a master double bedroom that makes use of the wardrobe in the adjacent corridor. There are 2 family bathrooms, both equipped with bath, separate shower, basin and WC.
- Air conditioning is available in the bedrooms and optional at 70 EUR per week.
- A WiFi Internet connection is available ** free of charge **.
Interior of the villa
- living/dining room with television, DVD player and hifi
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- satellite antenna
- washing machine in the kitchen
- kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- air-conditioned bedroom with double bed
- 2 air-conditioned bedrooms, each with 2 single beds
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath, shower and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large and enclosed plot
- lagoon shaped private pool measuring 9m x 4m and 1,7m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor kitchen and barbecue
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area
- 2 private parking spaces
- nearest town Mijas pueblo (within 6 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore Mediterráneo (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest beach Mijas Costa (within 12 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest park Parque La Muralla en Mijas (within 7 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest airport Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport Aeropuerto Internacional de Gibraltar ( > 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport bus within 2 kilometers and train within 50 kilometers of the villa
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
Facilities and services at extra charge
- air heating and air-conditioned
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Mijas, Costa del Sol
- bar (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- amusement park (Tivoli World Benalmádena), theme park (Tivoli World Benalmádena), zoo (Sould Park Fuengirola), wild life park (Bioparc Fuengirola), water park (Aquamijas) and oceanographic park (Sealife Benalmádena) (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Sights and culture in Mijas, Costa del Sol
- museum (Museo Histórico-Etnológico de Mijas), church (Iglesia Inmaculada Concepción en Mijas) and historic place (Conjunto Histórico de Mijas) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- castle (Castillo Sohail Fuengirola), ruin (Yacimiento Arqueológico Romano), monument (Monumento a la Paz y la Unión en Mijas) and architectural building (Centre Pompidou Málaga) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- tennis, golf (Alhaurín Golf), mountainbiking and cycling (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- canoeing, kayaking, rafting, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 25 kilometers of the villa)
- climbing (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.