The perfect place to relax and unwind…
This impressive property enjoys a splendid position nestling into the green wooded slopes of Rio de la Miel valley. From the poolside and terraces of this very private house there are eye-catching views across the valley. Outdoor living is a real pleasure with the sitting room opening onto an ample terrace, ideal for al fresco dining. Inside it’s tastefully furnished in a light, modern Mediterranean style, making this a very welcoming home.
Location and outside area
Situated in the Natural Park of Sierra de Almijara, this charming country house boasts a lovely private pool (8m x 4m; 1,5 - 2,5m deep), impressive rural outlook and excellent views overlooking the valley. Essentially rural it is still only 4 kms to the beach and 6 km to the village of Maro where you will find family-run shops and several restaurants and tapas bars. The bustling town of Nerja is just a few kilometres more while cosmopolitan Malaga is just an hour drive. With beaches, nature, history, culture, quality restaurants, and not to mention a network of great walking trails, it’s safe to say that this part of Andalucia has something for everyone.
Outside, the well-tended grounds host a small lawn and a choice of open and shaded terraces on which to relax in the sunshine. Partially covered by a grapevine, the front terrace makes a particularly appealing spot for open air dining to the accompaniment of gentle birdsong. A barbecue and stone-made oven are provided.
Inside and lay-out
With all rooms on one floor and a rustic decoration with comfortable furniture, the cottage provides a warm ambience. The open-plan kitchen/living/dining room has an open fireplace, dining table for 6, music equipment and a large flat screen television with satellite reception. The kitchen comes complete with a ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. The bedrooms are somewhat small but nicely furnished, featuring 2 double bedrooms and 1 single bedroom. There is an ensuite shower room with wash basin and WC and a family bathroom with wash basin and WC.
- Free air conditioning is provided throughout the house.
- Mobile phone coverage can be a problem at this location. However, a WiFi internet connection is available (free of charge).
Interior of the house
- air conditioned living/dining room with television
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- satellite antenna
- washing machine in the kitchen
- The lower floor is only accessible from the outside.
- open kitchen with electric hob, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed
- bedroom with single bed
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination and toilet
Exterior of the house
- large plot
- private pool measuring 8m x 4m and 2,5m deep
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area
- private parking space
- nearest town Maro (within 7 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore Mediterráneo (within 4 kilometers of the house)
- nearest beach Molino de papel (within 4 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park Parque Verano azul en Nerja (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport bus within 7 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the house
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- air heating
Sights and culture in Maro, Costa del Sol
- museum (Museo de Nerja), church (Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos), monument (Monumento a los descubridores en Nerja), architectural building (Fábrica de azúcar de Maro) and historic place (Cueva de Nerja) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- castle (Castillo de La Herradura en Almuñécar) and ruin (Yacimiento Arqueológico Romano en Torrox) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis, climbing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, snorkeling, surfing and windsurfing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- diving and waterskiing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.