For those with a romance in mind…
With nothing more than the distant tinkling sound of goat bells likely to break the peace and quiet, this is truly the place for total rest and relaxation - an attractive cottage with old charm set in a countryside surrounded by avocado and olive groves with magnificent views. What more could you possibly ask?
LOCATION AND OUTSIDE AREA
Fernando and Angela, the owners of this lovely countryside villa, wanted their newly built house to look like a true Andalusian cottage. They did not choose the easy way; they gave the walls that characteristic irregular shape of the old farmhouses, built beamed ceilings and a pebble stone terrace. The private pool (8m x4m; 1,20m - 1,90m deep), set in a structure of natural stone, is another example of the owners' intention to give it all an attractive look. The surrounding sun terrace is provided with 2 sun loungers and offers fantastic panoramic views over the mountains and the village of Frigiliana out to the Mediterranean. On both the east and west side of the cottage, you’ll find a relaxing terrace for sun and shade, surrounded by a garden with lawn and lots of flowers, plants, and trees. You will find dining amenities on this terrace. This is a very quiet place, an oasis of calm in the middle of the countryside, yet you can drive to the village of Frigiliana (9 km) in 15 minutes or visit the nearby beaches of Nerja (15 km). The surroundings also call for a visit to the white villages of the Axarquia such as Cómpeta, famous for its sweet Muscatel wine. Interesting cities such as Granada and Malaga, can be reached within a 1.5 hour drive. The last km to the villa is a concrete mountain track, not dangerous and not curvy, but a bit steep at some points.
INSIDE AND LAY-OUT
The property has been built in a traditional Andalusian style, with terracotta floors, beamed ceilings and an open-plan layout. From the sitting corner, provided with satellite-TV, DVD player, and a wood burning stove, it’s just one step down to the dining room and kitchen well equipped with refrigerator/freezer, 2 ringed vitro hob, microwave, and dishwasher. The washing machine is in a utility area. On the ground floor you will also find a shower room with WC. A staircase leads to a split-level bedroom with a double bed and, separated by a closet, two additional single beds (these 2 extra persons can be accommodated upon request, with an additional charge).
- Air conditioning is available upon request and with additional charge of 60 EUR per week.
- A WiFi internet connection is available (free of charge).
Interior of the villa
- 2 level villa
- air conditioned living room with television and DVD player
- dining room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom
- satellite antenna
- open kitchen with electric hob, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with 2 single beds and double bed
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 8m x 4m and 1,9m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area
- 2 private parking spaces
- nearest town: Frigiliana (within 9 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Mar Mediterráneo (within 15 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest beach: Playa de Burriana en Nerja (within 15 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest park: Frigiliana (within 9 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest airport: Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport: Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén ( > 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport: bus within 6 kilometers of the villa
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
Facilities and services at extra charge
- air heating and air-conditioned
- 2 children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Frigiliana, on the Costa del Sol
- bar and promenade (Centro histórico Frigiliana) (within 5 kilometers of the house)
Sights and culture in Frigiliana, on the Costa del Sol
- historic place (Casco antiguo Frigiliana) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- church (Parroquia de San Antonio de Padua en Frigiliana), ruin (Fábrica de azúcar de caña de Frigiliana) and monument (Monumento a los Descubridores en Nerja) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- horse riding (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
- climbing, canoeing, kayaking, rafting, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 25 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.