Walk to Frigiliana in 5 minutes!
This charming farmhouse is just a short walk from Frigiliana where you will find plenty of restaurants, tapas bars, and family-run shops. Nevertheless, its location is very quiet, set amidst olive and avocado trees and enjoying full privacy. Inside, this cortijo has been built in the Andalucian style: thick outside walls, beamed ceilings and decorated in ochre sienna and sky blue colours—modern day comfort… with traditional rustic charm.
Location and outside area
Situated near the historic village of Frigiliana, this is a beautiful 3-bedroom traditional cottage surrounded by lush avocado orchards, which gives this lovely place a Hansel and Gretel feel. The cottage is in a secluded location and yet only a 5-minute walk from the village making it the ideal location for those who want a country retreat but with easy access to all the village amenities.
Set in its own grounds, this villa offers you pleasant summer evenings eating al fresco next to the private pool with views to Frigiliana. A large shaded verandah with outdoor furniture in the front of the house provides an area for comfortable al fresco dining. Alongside the house, there is a small summer kitchen with a built-in BBQ and a second dining area with elegant teak furniture.
The cottage has a large pool (4x7.5 m long and 1x1.5 m deep) with a lawn area and a pretty sun terrace—sun loungers are provided for sun bathing and relaxing. The accommodation is also ideally located for exploring the impressive Moorish heritage of the Andalucian cities of Granada, Sevilla and Cordoba, amongst others. The town of Nerja and its beaches can be reached in 10 minutes by car.
Inside and lay-out
The house dates back to the beginning of the 20th century. It served as a stable for the mules needed to work in the countryside. The current owners, Jose Manuel and Pilar, inherited it and fully renovated it in 2006 with great care in the true Andalucian tradition. The thick walls, beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, and Spanish tiles create a delightful ambience. On the ground floor you will find an open plan living room with a large sofa, wood-burning stove and satellite-TV. The kitchen is small but well equipped with a 4-ring vitro hob, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer and microwave. The washing machine is set outside. There is a double bedroom on this floor and a shower room with WC and basin.
On the second floor there are two romantic twin bedrooms with wooden ceilings and plenty of wardrobe space. The family bathroom on this floor is equipped with whirlpool bath, WC, and wash basin.
Note: A WiFi Internet connection is available free of charge in July and August. For other months, it is available upon request at an additional cost and needs be ordered at least one week in advance.
Interior of the villa
- 2 level villa
- living room with television
- dining room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- satellite antenna
- utility room with washing machine
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed
- 2 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 7,5m x 4m and 1,5m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside sitting area
- 2 private parking spaces
- nearest town Frigiliana (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore Mar Mediterráneo (within 7 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest beach Playa de Calahonda en Nerja (within 7 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest port Puerto Deportivo Marina del Este (within 25 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest park Parque infantil en Frigiliana (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- nearest airport Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén ( > 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport bus within 1000 meters of the villa
- smoking not allowed
- please consult if pets are allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- indoor jacuzzi
Facilities and services at extra charge
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Frigiliana, Costa del Sol
- bar (within 500 meters of the house)
- promenade (Casco antiguo de Frigiliana) (within 1000 meters of the house)
Sights and culture in Frigiliana, Costa del Sol
- church (Frigiliana), palace (Alhambra de Granada) and historic place (Palacio de los Condes de Frigiliana) (within 1000 meters from the accommodation)
- ruin (Fábrica de azúcar Nerja) and monument (Nerja) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- castle (La Herradura) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- golf (Baviera Golf), hiking and mountainbiking (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- horse riding and cycling (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- tennis, climbing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, diving, snorkeling, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.