Would you like to enjoy the "Colours in the Wind"?
"Colores en el Viento" is the name of this romantic cottage, hidden away about 4 kilometres north of Frigiliana, in a forest setting. If you're looking for an escape with your lover, then we'd highly recommend this jewel where you will enjoy a stay surrounded by nature. There is a spacious garden with barbecue, a private pool and the inside is decorated with great flair by its owners. What's the story behind the name? Keep reading and we'll tell you...
Location and outside area
When Damian, the owner, contacted us to promote his cottage, he didn't mention anything about the name. Instead he sent us a couple of pictures which we liked a lot and we agreed to visit the house in the autumn of 2009. That day he picked us up in the village of Frigiliana and accompanied us for a beautiful 10 minute drive through the mountains. The road has some pronounced curves but doesn't cause any problems as the track is fully surfaced with concrete. Once there, we were impressed by the delightful location where this "cortijo" hides: one of the prettiest valleys in the area that borders with the Sierra Tejada Natural Park. Although it may seem like you are far from the sea here, the beaches of Nerja (9 km) are only a 20 minute drive away. The cottage is set on generous grounds that belong to the family, with a few more houses that all have their own privacy. From the beginning, Damian and his wife made it very clear that they wanted to respect nature and integrate the house with the surrounding ambiance. And they succeeded: the cottage is surrounded by pine trees, aromatic plants, and centennial olive trees that are cultivated ecologically. With the enchanted valley as a background, you will find the the salt water private pool (9x4 m) surrounded by a charming terrace with elegant furniture. The garden and pool area are made with natural stones and wood and surrounded by trees, giving it a very Mediterranean touch. From the living room, French doors open onto the “green tiled terrace”—the perfect spot for enjoying your breakfast and dinner while you dream away with magnificent views of the landscape. The colourful Moroccan table at the entrance of the house sets the ambiance for relaxation and it is here that the name of the house appears. Asked for the significance of "Colores en el viento", Damian answers: "If you are able to appreciate the beautiful gifts of nature and enjoy them as a moment of happiness, then you have found the 'Colours in the Wind'.”
Iinside and lay-out
The cottage has two floors and has been decorated with excellent taste by the owners and a great eye for details. The living/dining room with open-plan kitchen is set on the ground floor and comfortably furnished. There is a wood burning stove, satellite TV, DVD and hi-fi equipment with CD player. The kitchen is complete and comes with a vitro-hob, microwave, oven, dishwasher, and fridge/freezer. The washing machine is placed on the “green tiled terrace.” The bedroom has a double bed and a warm, romantic ambiance. There is a full bathroom with over bath shower, WC, and washbasin.
Note: A WiFi Internet connection is available (free of charge).
Interior of the house
- living/dining room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom
- satellite antenna
- laundry room with washing machine
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination and toilet
Exterior of the house
- enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 9m x 4m and 1,5m deep
- garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area
- private parking space
- nearest town: Frigiliana (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Mar Mediterráneo (within 12 kilometers of the house)
- nearest beach: Burriana (within 12 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park: Parque Verano azul y Barco Chanquete (within 12 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: bus within 4 kilometers of the house
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the house
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Frigiliana, on the Costa del Sol
- bar (within 5 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Frigiliana, on the Costa del Sol
- museum (Museo Arqueológico - Casa del Apero en Frigiliana), church (Parroquia de San Antonio de Padua) and historic place (Palacio de los Condes de Frigiliana) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- castle (Castillo de La Herradura en Almuñécar), ruin (Yacimiento Arqueológico Romano en Torrox), monument (Monumento a los Descubridores en Nerja) and architectural building (Fábrica de azúcar de Maro) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- horse riding (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- climbing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- rafting (within 50 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.