Paradise does exist!
Just a few kilometres north of Frigiliana, take the road to the hamlet El Acebuchal, and you will approach the Sierras of Tejeda, Almijara, and Alhama Natural Park. Then, a beautiful green valley. This is where Cortijo Ricardo is located, in a forest setting where peace and quiet reign. Your little paradise—and Andalusia doesn’t come better than this!
Location and outside area
Rustic, private, and rural. This is the essence of this wonderful location. The valley hides at a 10 minute drive from Frigiliana, an enjoyable trip through the mountains. The access has some pronounced curves but doesn't give any problems as the track is fully surfaced with concrete. The cortijo is set on generous grounds and has several sitting corners with flowers and trees. There is an attractive barbecue area and shady porch with patio furniture. The private pool (7m x 4m long and 1.7m - 1.0m deep) comes with sun loungers and is on a higher level giving panoramic views over the valley and also to the hamlet El Acebuchal (1 km), a tiny village with an interesting history. Its inhabitants were forced to abandon the hamlet in 1949 by the Franco regime. El Acebuchal remained unoccupied and fell into ruin until 1998 when a descendant of one of the original villagers bought a house there. He encouraged others to help renovate the 32 homes, town hall, chapel, bar, and streets that make up El Acebuchal. The works have been carried out with great care and attention to details, to return the village to its former glory. There are no shops here but there is a bar restaurant that serves up local dishes such as game, wild boar, and goat. In the whitewashed village of Frigiliana, well worth a visit, you will find a wide selection of shops, tapa bars, and restaurants. If you can tear yourself away from this idyllic spot, then you may also visit Nerja (9 km) where you can enjoy its beautiful beaches and take a dive in the Mediterranean.
Note: Low by the ground (sports) cars may not be able to access the property.
Inside and lay-out
Cortijo means “farmhouse,” and that is clearly what it used to be. Impressive beamed ceilings and terracotta floors combine with the traditional ochre-coloured walls, making this an authentic Andalusian cottage with a warm ambiance. The living room has four armchairs, an open fireplace, satellite TV, and DVD. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge/freezer, a 3-ring hob, microwave, dishwasher, and washing machine. There are two bedrooms (one double and one twin) and a shower room with washbasin and WC.
Note: A WiFi internet connection is available (free of charge).
Interior of the house
- living room with television and DVD player
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom
- satellite antenna
- washing machine in the kitchen
- kitchen-diner with electric hob, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed
- bedroom with 2 single beds
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the house
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 7m x 4m and 1,7m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside sitting area
- 2 private parking spaces
- nearest town Frigiliana (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore Mediterráneo (within 13 kilometers of the house)
- nearest beach Burriana (within 13 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park Frigiliana (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport Málaga-Costa del Sol (AGP) (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport bus within 5 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the house
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Frigiliana, Costa del Sol
- bar and promenade (Casco histórico Frigiliana) (within 5 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Frigiliana, Costa del Sol
- historic place (Casco antiguo Frigiliana) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- church (Parroquia de San Antonio de Padua en Frigiliana), palace (Palacio de los Condes de Frigiliana) and ruin (Fábrica de azúcar Frigiliana) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- castle (La Herradura) and monument (Monumento a los Descubridores Nerja) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- horse riding (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- climbing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing, waterskiing and windsurfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 200,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.