With spacious gardens at only 5 minutes from Tarifa's golden beaches.
This is a more than 200 years old shepher's house, completely restored, and only 5 minutes (3 kms) drive to the most beautiful beaches of the Costa de la Luz: the beach of Bologna with its antique ruins of a Roman port and the beach of Tarifa's Punta Paloma. The spacious gardens offer impressive views on the countryside, the Atlantic and down to the African coast.
Location and outside area
An unpaved road of 300 m leads to the privileged location of this antique villa located in the El Estrecho Natural Park. This house is adjacent to Villa Tarifa 002 and part of a small hamlet called Betis, situated within the municipality of Tarifa, a 7 minute drive away (6,5 km). Tarifa is famous for great windsurfing and for its wide, golden beaches with clear blue waters. The spacious gardens with lawn of more than 5,000 m2 are set on three different levels with an attractive private pool (10x5 m) on the lowest level. Absolute privacy is guaranteed by the natural stone wall that completely surrounds the garden. Those looking for protection from the midday sun will especially enjoy the beautiful shelter with terracotta floors and beamed ceilings. Sun loungers are provided. Adjacent to the house you’ll find a relaxing verandah with impressive views over the valley, the mountains, and down to the Atlantic. For a day trip, the rock of Gibraltar is only 45 minutes away, while the cities of Cádiz and Jerez de la Frontera (nearest airport) are just an hour drive away. The city of Málaga with its popular Picasso Museum is one and a half hour away.
Inside and lay-out
The house is very tastefully furnished, providing a high level of comfort. The central part of the house has two living rooms and is complete with an open fireplace, satellite-TV, video, and music equipment. The kitchen is very well equipped with a fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and the necessary kitchenware to prepare all type of meals. The 4 bedrooms offer space for 8 persons and are designed in a rustic style with a terracotta or wooden floor, beamed ceilings, and outside views. One of the rooms has a half open plan design and blends ambiance with the lounge room downstairs, providing a nice architectural curiosity.
One of the four bathrooms has been built in the former kitchen of this shepherd’s house where the natural stone bread oven remains in its memory. A central patio provides a lot of light to the interior of the house whilst its plants provide a pleasant smell and freshness.
- The organisation of events such as weddings, cocktails, parties, photo sessions, etc. is strictly forbidden at this property.
- A WiFi internet connection is available (free of charge).
Interior of the villa
- 2 level villa
- living room with television and hifi
- 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- utility room with washing machine
- kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed
- bedroom with 2 single beds
- bedroom with 2 single beds and bathroom en-suite
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath and toilet
- 2 bathrooms each with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool measuring 10m x 5m and 1,8m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- nearest town Tarifa (within 13 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore Atlantico (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest beach Playa de Valdevaqueros (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest port Puerto de Tarifa (within 17 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest park Tarifa (within 16 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest airport Gibraltar (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport Málaga ( > 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport bus within 5 kilometers of the villa
- smoking not allowed
- please consult if pets are allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Tarifa, Costa de la Luz
- bar (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- hiking, mountainbiking, cycling and climbing (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- canoeing, kayaking, fishing, diving, snorkeling, surfing and waterskiing (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- horse riding (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 600,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
This villa is registered with the Junta de Andalucia and provided with an official accommodation identification number that can be obtained upon request.